Emergency Water Removal
An emergency flood of any sort at home can be a very unpleasant experience. From excess rain to a broken pipe, flooding can wreak havoc on your home and belongings. Although it almost always happens when you’re least expecting it, reaction time is critical. To minimize the damage, water removal must happen quickly. Even if you manage to clear your home of water, there will still be damage to carpets and upholstery, and dangerous mold that all need to be taken care of.
Fortunately, you don't need to lift a finger. Pro-Clean Carpet Service, LLC can provide you with a comprehensive clean-up, restoration and mold and mildew removal service, for any water emergency.
How do I minimize the damage ?
- If possible, stop the water at its source.
- Turn off the electricity and remove small electrical devices from the areas with excess water, if it is safe to do so.
- Avoid walking on wet carpet.
- Remove small furnishings from carpeted areas or place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Hang draperies and pin up furniture skirts to avoid contact with wet floors.
- Remove any breakables, moisture-sensitive and high value items, as well as items that may stain floor coverings. Check under the beds and other furnishings.
- Plan for restoration crews to move furniture into dry areas.
- Wash your hands after handling damaged items.
- Avoid the possibility of electric shock. Do not use home vacuum or shop vacuum to remove the water.
- Avoid the temptation to turn on fans or heating and air conditioning units as they may spread contamination if the situation is sewage-related.